Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Tonia's Accident

So wow where do I start I guess if you don't know already you can check out all the details on Tonia Blogspot at http://toniaeccles.blogspot.com. Here you will find that Terrys sister Tonia, just 2 years older than him was involved in a bad jeep accident. She pulled over to throw up and hit the curb and it flipped her jeep 2-3 times. She was life flighted to IHC in SLC and there she was in the ICU Shock and Trauma unit for over a week. Tonia ended up getting an infection called MRSA, which can be deadly to healthy people. She didn't make it, however she did make her dream come true by saving 3 peoples lives by donating when hers ended. Tonia was an amazing person, I truely feel blessed to have known her as well as I did. I felt like Tonia was my own sister. She had a way of showing how much she cared for everyone. What an amazing person. I wanted to thank everyone that helped me the week she was in the hospital. So many people babysat or carpooled or brought dinners all so that I could spend as much time possible with my very dear friend and sister. I will never forget the thoughtfulness each of you demonstrated to me and my family. I know Tonia is now in a better place and we will miss her much. But Tonia will forever be in my heart as we continue through this life. Thanks Tonia for your perfect example of what I should be.

2 comments:

Callaway Family Fun said...

HOORAY FOR YOUR BLOG!!! I just discovered it & apparently I've been missing out! It's so fun to see your cute fam. What a darling girl Tonia is, I'm glad to have a face to put with her name. Love you guys!

Amy Lynn said...

You have had a very intense month! Let's celebrate what an amazing friend and "sister" you have been to Tonia and how much you added to her life, especially during her last few days! You have been an incredible example to me of charity and love and service! I'm so glad you have a blog...I think they are lots and lots of fun!