Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day


This year we celebrated Valentine's Day a day early. Since all the school parties were on Friday and we had plans to go boarding with the Crawfords all day Saturday we figured the kids wouldn't mind a little early Valentines Day. So I woke up early on Friday after a late night with the girls at book club. I decorated the house a little and made our heart shaped pancakes.

Then I lovingly sent the kids off to school for a fun day celebrating with their friends. I baked and decorated sugar cookies to go DingDong Ditching and leaving sweet love notes to our family who live close enough for us to do this. The kids always look forward to this each year. So after school we headed out on our mission to be invisible.

Then when we got home we hid all of the valentines we made for Terry around the house. And we ate our traditional heart shaped pizza! I love simplicity, I am starting to love it more and more everyday. Well that was it our sweet Valentines of 2009. Thanks Terry for the sweet roses, big heart cookie, and COOL REI shirt and hat. I love you most!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

That's exactly what we did for Vday...right down to the heart pizza! I'm with you, gotta love simplicity!!!

Kate said...

I am glad you had a great Valentine's day. Looks like fun. I received yellow roses. They are beautiful and a love romance movie. We also went to the temple and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. YUMMY. It was great. You are loved. Thanks for the valentine. Guess you forgot the doorbell ditching for us. Oh I guess we are out of luck because we live so far away. Darn it

Karrilyn said...

It look's like you had a grate Valentine's day.
we did to.