Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

5th Grade Boarders

So when your child goes into 5th grade they are offered a skiing/boarding passport for just $25.00. With the passport they get 3 passes to each ski resort in utah and some others in different states as well. So on Friday I checked Izak and Bowdee out of school early and took them to Solitude. All it costed us was the gas to get there. I choose to save my money to board with the family so I sent these 2 boys up on the lift all by themselves.
I seriously got a tear in my eye just like when I sent them to Kindergarten. I could feel the thrill they got from the independance and it made me sick. Ya I am happy for them and I trust them but at the same time it made me realize in just a few years they will be going without me at all. They had a wonderful time they got on the first lift at about 12:00 and didn't stop until 4:30 when they closed the lifts.
Well they did stop to take a quick hot chocolate break with me. But I think that was more for me then them. I think they felt bad for me just sitting at the bottom of the hill reading my book and watching for them to come down and wave to them after each run. I tell you what the whole ride home they were as quiet as can be and yes they sleep so good that night.


I remember coming home from ski days with my family and all of us just crashing to watch a movie with my mom. All 6 of us were spralled all over her room where ever we landed. Ah the feeling of complete exhaustion after a great day on the slopes... There is nothing like it! I must say going back to Solitude made me homesick for the days Kami and I worked there. I have never had a job I liked better then being a Mountain Host... Ya I would ski around all day getting paid to look for people who were lost, hurt or lonely. It was a job of a lifetime.

No comments: