Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 16-24, 2012

SwimTeam - I can't believe it is time already but we had swim tryouts this week. I hope that they all make the team because I feel like swimming is such an important thing in life. Especially for our family that enjoys so many water activities. My hope is that if my kids ever want to do something with it in the future then I have given them the ability by sacrificing a little bit of our summer days to becoming better swimmers. Good luck kiddos. May 18th was Matia's 4th grade handcart trek. She has been excited for this for 2 years now since Bowdee got to go on his. So we made her a pioneer bonnet and apron to go on her dress from last years oral report and she looked amazing. The morning of the trek the skys were blue and no breeze. So I sent her off knowing I would see her again at lunch time as I was going to help serve. About after an hour the wind came in blowing like crazy, which brought with it the cold front, then the rain and it rained hard. I just kept thinking those poor pioneers they didn't get to choose the weather either. Matia was tough and she made it through like a real cowgirl. Love you Tia May 19th My first Tri - You would think since I have been training for this day for the last 7 months I would be ready... Well I was so nervous, at the last minute Kami dogged me after hurting her ankle so I was flying solo. Terry, Matia, and Treg came up to take photos and cheer me on. They were great they stayed through the whole thing and kept me going. I knew with them there I had no choice but to do my best, because I always expect them to do their best I had to give them my best. The Woman of Steel Triathalon was fabulous it was perfectly organized that I didn't have any questions when it started. It was a swim of 300meters, 13 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. I got distracted by a lady jumping in front of me at the last minute for the swim and forgot to put my goggles on, then I waited for the right moment to pass her. I could have hustled faster during transitions, and I should have been more aggressive in passing on the bikes. But being that this was my first rodeo and I took 4th in my division I felt pretty good about it. I think I might even do another one sometime and I am now looking for a used road bike. CRAZY My finish time was 1:21:09 I missed 3rd place by 10 seconds.... May 19th also marked the last day of this soccer season. It was a fun season, all the kids did fabulous and hopefully next year we get coaches and teams as good as we had this year. I love soccer for the kids because if they play it right it teaches them team work, lots of exercise, and hard work. I wish they had a soccer team for me to play on when I was a kid. I am so thankful my kids have had the opportunity to play this sport and I am so thankful they have all enjoyed it so I get to watch them. :) After all the soccer games and a baseball scrimmage, Terry and I were able to break away for a little anniversary/post triathlon celebration. We stayed at the nugget for free did our free $55.00 each gambling and a little dancing that night. Then the next morning we played the penny slots "just for a couple minutes and only 20$ each" we walked away 2 hours later and I had won $170.00! Now that was making me smile. We have never had so much fun on the penny slots. May 22nd has always been a special day for me, it's my moms birthday! I have always enjoyed buying her gifts and making her feel special. I guess it is because she has always made me feel so special. So my dad planned a birthday party for her, she can't remember her last birthday party, so that made it super special. I didn't have anything special to give her because I always find the perfect gift when we are in Yellowstone on our vacation together. But it was a fun night spending time with the family watching my dad get all giddy to give his gift to her. Mom I am so glad you have chose to live such a good life. We love you so much and would never trade a thing about you! But one of my favorite parts of the night is we had our piano recital for all 6 of moms piano students. She started teaching Bowdee piano 2 years ago after I talked and talked her into it. Ever since then she has gained one here and another there until she has started teaching 6 of her grandkids piano. And every night that they go to bed after having piano w/ grandma it has always been the best part of their day. I am so grateful that they have this special hour a week alone with grandma for her to make such an impact on their lives. She is an amazing teacher and best friend my kids could have. THANK YOU MOM, for giving them such a special experience! May 23rd was another fun day at our house. It was the 6th grade Renaissance Fair at school where they have all sorts of Renaissance activities for the 6th graders. Bowdee chose to be a Jester and of course I couldn't just let him use his clown costume to play the part I had to make this Jester costume for him. Then I went and helped serve them at their special lunch, and set up his and Adi's store. They made so much money that they actually came home that day and made a Youtube video of what to do with all their earnings. After school I had time to go grocery shopping for our vacation and then when Matia got home we got to go to a fun Mothers Daughter Activity Days Achievement night together. They focused on health and exercise and had a good friend of mine come and teach us about jump roping and how easy it can be to do exercise and then another good friend of mine gave us a quick ballet exercise lesson and oh my gosh that was a fun yet good workout. I just have to say I am so thankful to be Matia's mother she is such a darling girl with such a caring heart. Thank you Matia for teaching me so much about life. I love you!

No comments: