Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Bowdee!

I can't hardly believe it was 9 years ago today. Terry was at school taking a test and I was having lunch with Kami and my mom when all the fun began. I started having some crazy backpains that just wouldn't let up. So my mom and Kami talked me into going to the hospital to just have things checked out. They drove me to American Fork hospital and I was straped to the machines and nothing was showing up. However, the nurse reassured me just because they couldn't see it on the machine didn't mean the pain or contractions where not there. Most of the time the contractions in the back would not show on the moniter. My doctor came to check things out and sure enough I was progressing and he wanted to "get this party started." I held out for Terry to be there as I got the epidural. Because just between us I was really afraid of that needle. I could just imagine so many horrible things that I wanted him there if any of them happened. At 8:45pm Bowdee decided he had enough and didn't want us having any more fun without him. He was only 5lbs 11oz but holy cow he had the spirit of an angel. If you know Bowdee you know how sweet and loving his spirit is. I felt this spirit so strong the moment he was delivered. Bowdee was everything I ever drempt for in a baby. He was the one to make me a mother, he truely changed my world.Bowdee has always been a true delight to me. The things he says... I remember when he was not even 2 I had a miscarriage. I was heart broken and on the floor against a wall crying when Bowdee came up to me and hugged me and said "mommy okay" and gave me the warmest hug in the world. I remember that hug to this day, that hug gave me the strength I needed to pick myself up off the floor and know that yes mommy was okay. Because I always would have my Bowdee and that was enough for me. Thank you Bowdee for being the sweetest child I have ever known, with the strongest desire in the world to always do what is right. Keep it up Bowdee and you will surely do amazing things in this life. I love you up to heaven and back for infinity. You are a true light in my life. Thank you for joining our family 9 short years ago. Our family would not be the same without my Sunshine Boy.

4 comments:

JaNae said...

Happy Birthday Bowdee!

Kate said...

In that picture of you and Bowdee and Terry, you both look so young.
Happy Birthday Bowdee!!!! I remember when you were a baby, so little and cute. You are so awesome and I can tell just by being around you that you always are trying to do what is right. You are such a joy to your mom. We think you ROCK and wish we were there to celebrate with you.

Callaway Family Fun said...

Happy Birthday Bowdee! We love you! Annie had so much fun at the big party (or should I say parties? Thanx for taking her miniature golfing!) Hope you guys are having a fabulous getaway in Wendover!

Amy Lynn said...

What a sweet post! Thank you for sharing Bowdee...he is a truly amazing kid. He has always had such a sweet, strong spirit...even when he was young. He is going to do amazing things...and the world needs more men like him!