Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Covington Suprise of 2009


So my parents came to me last week and told us they have a suprise of a lifetime. One that was bigger then anything else they have sprung on us. But, they couldn't tell us until Monday. So Monday finally came after about a million ideas went through my head trying to figure out what it was they had in store for our family. So we all went to Mi Ranchito for dinner and to have them reveal the "BIGGEST SECRET EVER" to us.

And they did... They have purchased a Carribean Cruise, a stay in Vegas, and a stay in Puerto Vallara Mexico for 3 days as well. They paid for all of us kids and spouses and we just have to float the airfare and childrens tickets. I am so excited to spend this time with my family. To create memories that will never be forgotten. For all of us to be there with our families and to watch how the cousins experience something like this together. Vacations have always been one of the most bonding moments in my mind. I can't wait to go Scuba Diving with all those certified. To experience Walt Disney World with the Glads and all the little ones. And just to simply be with them in a beautiful breathtaking place. Thank you mom and dad for this wonderful gift you have given us. This will be something we will never be able to put a pricetag on.... PRICELESS! I am so excited. I feel like shouting at the top of my lungs "I'M GOING ON A CRUISE WITH MY FAMILY!" because yes I am that excited.

Then my dad got down on his knee and gave my mom her original wedding ring with a real diamond (she lost her diamond in a bat of cheese she made many many years ago.) and a marque diamond on the side like she has always dreampt of. He asked her if she would marry him again. Oh it brought tears to my eyes to see them so in love still after all these years. This will be their 45th anniversary and they still get googly eyed! So stinking cute.

6 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

That is so cool!!! How sweet of your Dad.. You've got a great family!!

Kate said...

It brought tears to my eyes too. Wish we could have been there.

Kristy said...

How fun...I've always wanted to go on a cruise with my family also! You will have soooooooo much fun! And Hurray for you parents! That is so great to see people that much in love after so long...yea for them :)

Amy Lynn said...

Wow. Absolutely the most amazing, fantastic surprise EVER! When will you go? I've never been on a cruise but I've never heard a single bad thing about one! And I LOVE the sweet moment between your parents! What an amazing family!

JaNae said...

Um...can I come be a member of YOUR family?
Your parents are so freakin' cute! I always thought your Dad was really cool, what a sweetie!
Have fun on your trip, you brat :) You guys are gonna have a blast, and you know what you deserve it!

Karrilyn said...

hey Aunt Kristy come vist my blog it is http://www.kittenglad.blogspot.com/
I know you will love it I miss seeing you guys my aunt uncles and my grandpernts two I hope we can see you soon
Karrilyn Glad