Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bowdee's Handcart Trek


My pioneer handcart trek was a blast! I got to be in the mormon battalion. I steered 80% of the way. Right before we got to camp we had to cross a river and I went barefoot so my shoes wouldn't get muddy. Before we got to camp a lady told us stories about pioneer children and about the Willie and... ( I forgot the other one.) Then Mr. Larson told us our stations. I got to go with Mr. Larson and the addladdles first (even though it is not a pioneer skill it was still way too fun:). Then we went to rope making, I even got to keep my rope. Then we went to pioneer games, missionary tag was my favorite. Then we practiced our field day dance, since my partner wasn't there I had to be a girl. Then we learned about odometers (yyyyaaaawwwwnnnn;). For lunch we had mouth watering beef stew and delicitable cornbread with a scrumptions peach cobbler for desert! We ate off tin plates and a tin cup. Then off to school we treked. On the way back everyone got a turn to ride in the handcart. But I didn't want to so I pushed the whole way. Then everyone in my group got in the handcart while the parents steered and I pushed (don't feel like I was left out because I really wanted to push and not ride.) We got back to school right when our parents were there to pick us up. And that was my handcart trek experience. One I will remember along time. For comments please send to bowdazaffa15@gmail.com.

2 comments:

kate said...

Uncle Mike and I went on a real hand card trek and it was really hard. We will have to tell you about it sometime. I hope you had fun.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

was it willie and Martin?