Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October ALREADY?

October 1st Monday - Today I went right down to the farm because I found out my dad had rented a bobcat to mulch all the rag weed. So I went and walked the property picking up any trash I could find and getting it out of the way. We filled up another dump truck and 3 hours later all the rag weed was mulched down to nothing :) I just can't tell you how much I LOVE working right along side my dad.

Then my moms friend came down to visit her name is Lovie and she is Matia's little pen pal. She has been such a good friend to my mom for so many years that we love her as if she were family. She came to see Matia's new Bunny, our kittens, goats and the ranch. Because it is a ranch we are raising animals not fields she informed me. We love our Lovie and were so happy she could visit.

On our hunting trip we realized we need to replace our water pump in the truck it has been leaking for a while now so Terry decided it was time. He came home from working 8 hours and went right to work. He worked on it until 10:00 and finally called it a night. He will have to take a day off to do a job this big. I just can't tell you how much I love this man. This man who knows how to get any job done and remembers to take time to play. Love you Terry! Thanks for everything you do.
October 2nd Tuesday - Terry took the day off to change the water pump. It was a harry job and it took from 8:00am right until 9:00pm but he did it and he is truly amazing to me. Thanks babe. I spent the day teaching preschool, packing, running errands, Treg had a football game then parent teacher conferences for Matia and Treg. It was funny because when I walked in each of their classes the stopped to tell me how much they LOVE my child and how they are such good children and to please stay in this school the rest of the year. Yes, they are such great kids I would have to agree with them. Right after I with my mom to Aunt Dixies for a Baby show for Jakes wife Ellyse. Wow I have some REALLY great cousins and family. Just wondering if life ever slows down?
October 3rd Wednesday - First thing after getting the kids to school which on some days lets me honest feels like a full days job just getting them to shower, dress, eat, feed the pets, practice piano, make lunches, read and out the door in time to ride bikes to school. I went to the ranch to power wash more stalls before winter sets in. After 4 hours of power washing the stall barn looked like a lake and I look like I had fallen in except with manure all over me. The wind came in and I was cold and my arms felt like they were going to fall off. So I called it quits came home took a LONG hot shower and finished just in time to go pick up Bowdee from school. I tell you what I am NOT looking forward to when we have to tear down this old barn though!
October 4th Thursday - Oh I just love my job today we went on a field trip to see the fire station and talk to the fire men. Wow, what wonderful people to be able to entertain 20 children and feed us so full of information. I am so sad I will not be able to teach next year. I sure enjoy these little ones. After my fun field trip and school let out we had piano, football, dance, and scouts pack meeting. Terry worked on winterizing the boat and moving it down to the farm. I guess this is really going to happen!
October 5th Friday - Today was magical. I went down to the farm knowing my dad would be there and sure enough he was in the trailer just waiting for me. I noticed the horse trailer there and wondered where the horses were so I went into the stall barn and all 4 of my dads horses were in their own stalls. Ya the stalls I just cleaned out for them. But it was magical to see them all in there munching on some fresh hay. Then we let them out into the corral and wow what a sight to see them running around kicking up their heels happy as can be. Then I let Buck off the rope and he mingled right in with those horses. What a happy day for me! I loved it!
October 6th Saturday - Today Bowdee had a football game in the morning. It was their 2nd loss of the season. Which put them in the 3rd place going into the play offs. Then Terry and I winterized the boat and packed it with stuff in the barn. Then we drove it down to the farm and got her all dusty and parked her in the hay barn. It is so hard to do that when we have worked so hard to keep her nice and clean. After that sad moment we took Matia to her soccer game. She played so tough, I love watching her play!
October 7th Sunday - I know what I should have been doing... I should have been listening to conference with my kids like my parents did as I grew up... But I just couldn't when we have so much that needs to be done. So we spent the day packing and moving and cleaning out the boat barn so that our renters (aka friends) will have somewhere nice to park their boat.
It was a big chore and lots of work. Here is a before and after photo so you can see just how much we did today. Thanks to the kids it really wasn't as bad as it looks. They are such tough little workers who really know how to dig in and get a job done when there is McDonald Monopoly to play after. :) I will sure miss this barn it has been so good to us and all our fun toys!
We took one load down to the farm and then Matia and I took a little break. We called up Grandpa and he took us for a trail ride on the horses. Matia asked for this for her birthday that is all she wanted was to ride the horses on a trail with grandpa and me. So today we finally did it. Matia rode Jake, I rode Robby, Dad rode Trigger with Misty in tow. It was just a short little ride up hog hollow area on the foot hills but it was just enough to give Matia a taste for it! My perfect ride with my dad and Matia what a great moment to be treasured!

1 comment:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

That letter of Treg's made me get all teary!! What a sweet boy!!!!