Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sept 24-31st - Life goes on!

Sept 24th Monday - So today was quite the day I spent most of the day packing and cleaning then I started to make the family fried chicken for dinner o ut of that wonderful cook book Kami got me. Which was absolutely delicious, everyone went on and on about how yummy it was. While I was cooking I was telling Kami how we had a friend coming to look at the house to see if they wanted to rent it. Well Bowdee and the kids heard me and while I was cooking they chipped right in without me asking. You know that made me so happy that I didn't even have to ask them to help so I could finish cooking dinner.

Sept 25th Tuesday - Even though I feel like I have a million things going on out of the ordinary... Life still goes on. Treg still has scouts and football, Matia still has soccer and dance, Bowdee still has football and scouts when we can make it with homework on top of all of that and cleaning the house it can all get a little overwhelming so I just have to remind myself this is just our life right now. I will do what I can when I can and forget the rest.

Sept 26th Wednesday - Bowdee's Mussleloader hunt started today so Bowdee, Terry and I left at 6:00 to Hickman canyon to see if we could have any luck on his hunt. We got there and started hiking up the canyon after about 45 min of hiking we came to a spot where Terry saw a couple deer off in the distance. Turns out there was 3 buck and 5 doe so we sat still and watched them put on a show for us for the next hour. There were hitting heads and playing around. But never came our direction so before they went over the ridge Bowdee took his first shot with a black powder gun. It was a 175 yard shot and he missed. The boys went to work reloading as fast as possible and he had one more shot at 220 yards. He missed and it was gone.

We hiked around a little more then went back to the truck for lunch and to practice shooting. Then we drove up and down the canyon then up to where I shot my buck last year and went for a little hike and took a nap in the nice warm sun. After our nap we headed back down the canyon then we decided to go to Box Elder got 1/2 way there then decided to just finish in Hickman so we headed back up Hickman with only 20 min left of daylight. I was following far behind so the dust wouldn't get in my eyes.
I come around a bend and Bowdee's helmet, gloves, backpack everything sprawled in the middle of the road with the boys working like crazy to load the gun with a quickness I rarely see out of Terry. With his eyes quickly pointing to let me know there was a HUGE 4 point 100 yards away on the top of the ridge. Bowdee got a shot off then another quick reload and shot at his friend a smaller 4 point missing both. I think Terry gave him his dose of buck fever along with his own was just to much for Bowdee. But we hiked around some more waiting for it but never saw it again.

Sept 27th Thursday - Today was Tregs 2nd football game. Grandma got to take him to his game yesterday while we were hunting so I was excited to see how he played today. He did great played his position like a real pro but never got a throw to him. Maybe next game it is just too bad the coach can't play it a little more fair when they are so little. But he did play great defense. Then Terry and I went to the basement and worked on the electrical in our basement bedroom for a while. Man we still have so much work to do. I wonder if it will ever end.

Sept 28th Friday - Right after I sent the kids to school I went to work on the farm with my dad and mom. We edged all the way around the property line then along each fence thinking we had a tractor coming in Saturday morning to chop down all the rag weed so we could get my dads horses down there. Then as he took a nap I started cleaning out 2 more stalls. Oh man that is some nasty work but weird as it is I didn't mind at all. Then I came home and Terry and I did some more work in the basement.

Sept 29th Saturday - Bowdee and Tia had games at 9&10 so after the games we packed as quick as we could then we headed up to Hickman canyon we got an awesome camp spot. Parked the trailer and got all situated and then we had Bowdee shoot 3 shots at a target to see how he was doing. He hit all 3 pretty good so we headed out for the night hunt. We didn't see any buck, alot of doe but no buck. Treg and Tia loved looking for deer and taking turns driving me around.

That night after we came back from the hunt and ate soup for dinner Grandma and Grandpa show up for a little campfire action. It was nice to see them and to visit for a little. Bowdee told them his hunting adventure from Wednesday. It was fun to see how he told the story. Then we just sat around the fire and enjoyed it until there was a big bang like a gun shot... Scared us all to death... There was bunch of  .22shells laying around in the dirt. So we all were on edge after that one, some people are so STUPID!

Sept 30th Sunday - Matia woke us all up at 6:00 wanting to go hiking looking for deer. I reminded her it had to be light outside to see the deer but she was so excited we got up and ready and headed out for another day of hunting. We went to the spot where Bowdee shot at his first deer but we only saw a few doe in the fields. We hiked way in then sat and had a few quite snacks. Then headed back to the 4 wheelers.

Then we drove up and down the canyon with only seeing a few more doe. We hiked up where I got my deer again but way back in and tried to take a nap but the flys were just buggin the kids so after a little sit down we headed back down with nothing to be seen. We didn't see much so we headed  back to camp for lunch and a little beebee gun action and naps for the old people.

Around 5:00 we headed back out for the night hunt we saw alot of doe, talked to alot of nice people then as we were almost back to camp Terry spotted a buck about 450 yards away way up on the hill side in the yellow grass. So Bowdee took a shot just for fun just to try he didn't get it but we did see a buck finally! Then we cleaned up camp and headed home. All in all it was a fun weekend that was nice and relaxing (just what we needed).

No comments: