Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feb 11-18th Clean up House/ Move in

Feb 11th Monday - Today I went down to the farm doing a little of this and that, came home packed the truck with boxes, preschool prep, update blog and after we ate we headed to the farm for a little clean up of counter mess, tools and getting ready to move in. Matia and Terry are the most excited to move. I see so much work ahead of me that it is hard to be excited for this although I will love the aftermath. I am a little nervous living without a kitchen sink and counters for 3 weeks though.
Feb 12th Tuesday - Last night as Terry and I were sitting on Bowdee's floor setting up his desk we realized the carpet we had was not the same as the basement. It is such a worse quality, same color and all but so cheap. So today I woke up and went to Lowe's to find out they installed a carpet that was $.63 a sq ft not the $1.63 we paid for. So after much negotiating they refunded us our $864.00 and charged us $144.00 to keep what they installed. It still sucks because I am sure we will have to recarpet in a few years but at least they were nice enough to work with us.
Feb 14th Thursday - Ok so this year I must say I just love my family so much. For them all to be going through all these changes in our lives and they are all handling it so well. So this year I finished all their personal scrapbooks and the one BIG family one. Terry and I also gave them each a really soft snuggly blanket to enjoy in our new home. My kids bring so much happiness to my life I just can't even tell you. But Terry is the love of my life. He is definitely my person! The one and only that really gets and understands me. Ok so he might not always understand me but he does his best and I know he will always love me unconditionally! Thank you Terry for sticking with me during this hard time in my life. You are such a great person! I love you for always being so considerate and showing me how you love me. You always find that perfect gift for me that takes so much thought and effort. Man I sure lucked out when you married me. Feb 15th Friday - What would I ever do without my sweet mom and dad. Today I spent the day loading boxes and moving them to the farm! Yes a very exciting day for our family. But without the help of my dad this would have been a very overwhelming moment. So my mom told my dad "I don't want you doing anything today except taking care of Kristi" so with dad at my disposal we moved 90% of the basement all before 1:30 which I figured we deserved a little lunch break at Zuppa's with ma. Thank you mom for dad's help and thank you dad for your little boost of "we can do this attitude" So we spent the rest of the night moving and settling down. Of course we got quite exhausted so we hit Little Caesars for dinner and cuddled up to a movie in our new house. What a fun experience tucking the kids back into their own bedrooms on actual beds again not on the floor anymore. We were all excited to have our own spaces again. Love this new adventure! Feb 16th Saturday - What a fun day we had today. We started out with a little shopping around for a few things then we headed to Tia & Tregs bball games. Which is always fun but today was the first time Terry's parents were able to come watch them play. And we got to visit with them. Then they got us some KFC for lunch after the games. So sweet! After we enjoyed a delicious lunch we got to work. Our sweet friend Ryan Ruchti came to help us move the heavy stuff along with our sweet dads. It was great to have all that stuff moved and down to our new house. Now the only thing we have left at the preschool house is our computer which we will move soon. It is weird to see it so empty, to think of all the work we put into making it just the way we want it then we move... CRAZY

No comments: