Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feb 19-24 Settling in our new life

Feb 19th Monday - Presidents Day so while most people are in California or on some warm vacation we are here building our office. We looked and looked and couldn't find a desk just right for us so of course I put Terry to work and this is what he has created. AMAZING in my eyes. It was alot more work then just go buying something but this is perfect.




 











Feb 20th Tuesday - After preschool Kami and I went running/walking. You see I haven't done any sort of official exercise since we found and started working on this farm. So it was 5 miles of torcher but somehow being with Kami made it nice! Then the nieces and nephew came over to horse ride with Grandpa! And I simply LOVE every minute of it.
Let me just say I am so thankful for such wonderful friends and family! This week has been filled with lunches w/ Holly, Tara, Mindee. Treats delivered from my sweet cousins and aunt Dixie. More unboxing, and more horse riding with my dad and Kamis cute family. I can not believe how happy I am right now. Even though I am living in a mess with no kitchen sink... I just bubble over with joy looking out my back window at the horses and watch my kids do their chores.













The front window on the other hand is not so enjoyable. There is the constant hum of construction trucks working all day starting at 6:00 in the morning. And then there is the generator running all night.... And then there is the road that is routed right through our front yard. I am just hoping it will be over sometime very soon. The most frustrating part is the lady that forclosed this house was paid $4500.oo to put up with this inconvience and here we are to deal with it and we got no warning. But oh well Love this life anyway. Feb 24th Sunday - Today was a great day as Troy and Jolyn came to visit. We have not seen them for so long it was nice to finally sit and talk with them. We even put Troy on the tractor to plow us a trail to the barn through the snow drifts. He was cute just happy as can be driving my John Deer. Then Kyle and Emilee decided to join us and see what we have done with the place. So we all sat and just talked as the kids ran around playing this and that.









Then at 6:30 we headed over to Cari & Brents for a Family Home Evening we were invited to. It was nice to talk to the cousins and let our kids meet their 2nd cousins and have fun playing with them. Wow we are surrounded out here by genuinely some of the most amazing people. And how lucky am I that I can say they are family. What a fun day. Of course we didn't get much done but that is not always what matters most.

No comments: