Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March 15th - Treg Hager Townsend 9 Years Old

I seriously is struggling with the fact that my baby is now 9 years old. It just doesn't seem possible that he can be that big already. Our Treg is such a fun boy, of course he has his days. But those are probably just the days that he is not getting enough attention. Which of course is my fault. I do love the way that Tregs mind works. I love how smart he is and how he thoroughly thinks everything through. This year he planned his birthday from the smallest things to the biggest things. He had it all figured out down to the minute what they would be doing and when. He knew how much everything would cost and he kept it within a reasonable budget.
For lunch I checked him out and he really wanted to go to Pizza Pie Cafe but he said Arbys because it wouldn't cost as much. I ended up just taking him for noodles at the Pizza Pie Cafe because I knew how important this was to him and I wanted him to realize I would do almost anything for him. We had a great time and he was such a gentleman on our date. He opened the doors for me and refilled my drink, and told me thank you like a thousand times. I think he was most excited to be checked out of school I guess it makes him feel special or something.
He decided to take his 2 lifelong friends (Bode and Caden) to Trafalga to play arcade games and laser tag. It was so much fun of course when I play laser tag I really get into it and I am always yelping out loud when I get shot... Which I guess is embarrassing to the kids. Because we get in there and they all leave me, Matia tried to stick it out with me but by the end of the game she was gone. But I had fun and I came in 9th out of the 40 players that were participating.
Then we headed to the farm. The boys all ran out to the farm to check the groundhog trap to see if Treg caught a groundhog. Then they played with the chickies that Tia and Treg got for their birthdays then they were ready to eat. So we had pizza, pop, and noodles. Opened gifts and then the boys all had a night of X-Box 360 they mostly played Skylanders but a little Halo as well. I just can't believe these boys still play so well together. They are so fun to listen to. I love the way the respect each other and treat each other so nicely.
I made him his birthday cake but by the end of the night with all the treats Treg had planned for them they were not in the mood. So I sent their "Doggie Food" cupcake home with them. We took them home at 9:15 then I tucked my sweet little boy into bed with a hug squeeze and a kiss... I asked him his bestest and it was "you mom" and his worstest was "his birthday being another 365 days away". I love you to pieces Treg you will forever be my baby thanks for such a fun day today. Love you more!

No comments: