Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

March 25-31st Easter Weekend

March 25th Monday - Today Terry and I decided to invite both of our families over for dinner and just some fun at the farm. So I went shopping and got all the fixings for chilli cheese dogs, made some dessert, cleaned up a little and sent out a mass text. Of course everyone wasn't able to make it with such little notice. But my parents, Kamis, Kyles, and Taleshas families were all able to come down and enjoy the baby goats, chicks, and horses. Every Monday night at the farm we usually do some horse back riding with my family so they were all planning on being here anyway. It was a fun night and we feel so privileged to be surrounded by such great family members.
March 27th Wednesday - Family Farm Drama... Today was a hard day one that I am sure I will never forget. Through hard times come lessons learned and never forgotten. Today I learned to stay out of any kind of animal selling event which doesn't include my own animal. Kami has this horse Goliath that I have fallen in love with he is sweet yet young, spirited, and a little spooky to say the least. Kami bought him in December and we have worked with him a little but we just don't have the time or knowledge he is going to take to train. So my friends that have been toying with the idea of a horse came to see the goats and I showed them Goliath which Kami told me last night he was for sale so they rode him and wanted to buy him but I told them they had to give Kami the money. Anyway I went off to coach Tregs soccer game and when I came back Izak was riding him and my dad said we just sold the horse. But of course I already had. Anyway long story short I will only be involved in selling my own animals from this point forward. Kami did let the horse go to the Prestwich family which they are excited about this project and life changing decision. Kami is now heart broken because my dad had told her he would buy him so she was hopeful she could keep this sweet horse spirit in the family. I just hope it works out for both families and everyone will be happy in the long run. We do love our horses!
March 28th Thursday - Today was another life changing event. Bowdee our oldest son bought his very first car, it is a Toyota 4 Runner 1995 for $1,500 with 184,000 miles on it. Most people wouldn't understand why a 13 year old would want to buy a car so early. Well let me tell you... Terry had a friend from work tell him how his 4Runner had a small leak in the head gasket and was going to trade it in for a new vehicle. So Terry talked to Bowdee and Bowdee was very reluctant to most of his life savings on a car he wouldn't be able to drive for quite some time. Then Terry explained how they could work on the engine together and it wouldn't take to much to fix it then the car would be worth around $4,500 and to look at it as an investment.
So Bowdee withdrew his money from the bank with a sad sort of smile, then when Terry's friend delivered the 4Runner Bowdee was nothing but smiles. He is so excited about this purchase and learning more about car repairs. I feel like he will value his vehicle just that much more and learn so much from working on his own car. Good luck Bowdee it is sad to see you grow up so fast but fun to see who you are becoming at the same time. I love you!
March 29th Friday - At 4:30 we picked Terry up from work and met his brother Troy and friend Clint R. at Sizzler to have dinner then go to a Grizzly game. Our kids have never eaten there before and they were not too impressed. The food was ok but that was about it. The company on the other hand was GREAT! Troy of course is always a sweetie and Clint R. is an amazing person. One of the nicest & most genuine people I know. The Grizzly game after was also a good time. Treg was bored out of his mind and not really into the sport. Matia was just dancing like a wild woman when ever she could trying to get onto the GamboTron (big screen). They showed her 3 times so I guess she was doing a good job at her goal in mind. Bowdee was chillin with Jaxon who is Troys girlfriends son. They get along pretty good not like best friends but happy they are the same age and have some same likes. So the Grizzlies lost but we gained some good memories.
March 30th Saturday - So this morning I was browsing the horse section in KSL when I ran across a gorgeous buckskin. She was like 22 but so pretty and well behaved which is exactly what I am looking for because we are doing 4H with our 3 kids but we only have one horse. So I was just keeping my eye open for something that might work. I texted Dad and he said he would buy it for his grand kids and to go take a look. I quickly called and Terry agreed to go take a look. It was just in Highland in a nice neighborhood. We got her out and saddled her with no problems, took her around the pasture and she was walking funny so I picked her hooves out and was about to get on again and my cousin pulled up to look at the same horse. Justin knows a lot more about horses then I do and was worried about the same thing we were. They guy said we could just take her for a month and see if she gets better if not then to bring her back. Very nice offer and I was ready to take it and run when Terry pulled me to my senses and made us walk away. Which I am glad we did, she sold within the hour so someone gave her a nice home I am sure but I am so very thankful I have a husband who keeps me reined in and under control. Love you babe. If it wasn't for him I am sure we would have 20 horses on this farm and I would go broke trying to feed them all!
March 31st Sunday - Easter Morning is always so magical but this year really reminded me of when I was a child growing up on the farm. It was beautiful weather so the Easter eggs were hidden inside and outside all around the barns. We first fed the baby goats and then we let them down and they followed us around as the kids were gathering eggs. Then we of course had the baby chicks to enjoy but it was kinda sad we had 2 baby chicks die today. After we had a great Easter Morning we took a Easter Lily to Aunt Dixie for mom because she is talking in sacrament. We went to watch her and had another wonderful time at church. My kids didn't even complain once about going. Terry was sad to see us leave but he kept busy working in the hay barn.

No comments: