Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dads Back Surgery

So this morning at 7:00am my dad (a.k.a. Superman) went in for a major back surgery. The surgery took longer due to the fact there was more damage then the MRI showed. However he came out of it like a real pro. They wheeled him back to his room at 2:00pm and when we left his room at 8:15pm he was still roarin. The surgery didn't even slow him down. He was on morphine for the pain and he was talking up a storm. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear he was doing good. I just don't know what I would do without him he is my hero. I look up to my dad so much. He is one of a kind alway willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it. Dad you amaze me, thank you for all you have taught me and helped me learn. Keep it up, like you said our dance has just begun.

3 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

So glad all went well. It is hard to watch our "Daddy's" go through things when they have always been the ones to take care of us. He sounds like Superman! Good for him!!

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, I didn't know your poor dad was getting surgery! I'm so glad everything went well. That picture is priceless! Your summer is non-stop adventure! Do you ever get a day off?

Kate said...

Yep that's my dad. Lucky you get to be so close to him. I would give anything to be there....