Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Glad to be Boating

So we have been planning this day of boating with my sister and her darling family since the beginning of the year. And I am Glad to announce we actually did it. Terry and I headed down to the lake at 9:00am to advoid the Saturday rush at the harbor and headed for Pelican Point because of the wind and choppy water. We had a good time waiting for them to arrive. Bowdee caught a carp with a net it was HUGE. Then Treg netted a dead catfish but thought he was as cool as his brother. Matia on the other had just kept buggin her dad to go catch the bad fish and get them out of the water. After Kathy and her family went to visit my dad in the hospital the finally joined us at the lake at 1:00 for a day full of fun. First the boys A.J. who is 18 and Todd who is almost 16 took Bowdee out on the tube with them. They had a great time with Terry behind the wheel. None of them ended up wounded and they all held on for some good time. In fact so long their necks started to ache. You see Terry was being nice to them.Then me and my girls (Karrilyn is 20 and Angela is 14) hit the tube to show the boys how to really hold on. Well we did great until Terry turned the wheel over to my favorite brother-in-law who feels like a brother (Mike) well I am not sure how much experience Mike has driving but wow he was all over that lake flipping us from side to side. I refuse to think he was doing this on purpose. Because I know I am his favorite and he would never intentionally hurt me. I told the girls they should be nicer to him because obviously he was trying to retaliate for some kind of behavior.
After the girls finally gave up holding on Kathy and Mike went out and A.J. drove them. I didn't want any kind of responsibility when Mike pulled Kathy off the tube. He didn't actually do that but he would have if the driver didn't knock her off the tube. You see he makes sure everyone experiences everything and that includes falling off. Then the boys all took their best shot at wakeboarding because he carry no skiis on our boat. Bowdee went first to show them how it was done. And then Todd went and said Bowdee makes it look so easy what am I doing wrong. Well then A.J. went and even though they tried until they had no more strength (which I must say these boys have some endurance). They finally told their dad to try. Mike did it of course that man can do anything. Well I threw him the rope and look what happened to his head. I really don't know how it happened but I sure felt bad. But the last time he was in this lake he was rushed to the hospital because of a head wound. I guess I was just trying to make sure he got the experience he wanted. So no it wasn't that deep and there was no hospital runs but I did throw all the mirrors overboard. Then we finally got some down time where Kate (a.k.a. Kathy) and I just laid on the tube and talked about life. Kate lives in Cedar City so we don't get to talk alot. She is an angel I know you all have someone like her in your life where they just listen so well and love with all their hearts.
It was a wonderful day one we plan to do every year. Thank you Glads for coming. We left the lake at 6:30 got home at 7:00 and at 8:00 after I was showered and in my p.j.s my mom called and asked me to stay with my dad at the hospital for the night. He is still having a hard time. He has been bouncing a fever around and his oxygen keeps going down and his bladder is having a hard time getting going. So I went and had a most memorable experience with my good old dad. One of those things I would never take back.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow You have such a cool looking sister and family. You are lucky.
Thanks for spoiling us and treating us like royalty on the boating trip. We truly felt loved and we just love your whole family.

Amy Lynn said...

I love your life! I love the time you spend with your immediate family and extended family...I admire the great relationships all of you have with each other and the time you take to slow down and enjoy each other. It has been great to spy on your life this summer!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I am sorry to hear your Dad is having problems. I hope things start working and he will get to come home very soon!!