Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bowdee's Final Swim Meet

So the summer is almost over as I am sure every mother in America has noticed and probably counting down. Wether they are counting down to freedom with the kids going back to school. Or they are counting down to the loss of freedom with a homework and deadlines. However you look at it summer is coming to an end. And with it Bowdee had his final swimmeet. At tryouts I remember being really nervous that Bowdee wouldn't make it because he didn't know what a Breast Stroke or Butterfly was. And his Back Stroke was so crooked he would go in circles. And he could barely swim 25 yards with a freestyle stroke that would alert any lifegaurd that there might be trouble.Well Bowdee has improved so much this year that I have been truely amazed. His dedication and determination has been the most impressive to me. It felt so good to watch him try to better his own time. And he did in all his events. In his final meet he even took 2nd in Back stroke, 3rd in Freestyle and 5th in Breast Stroke in his 8year old boy competions. Bowdee I just wanted you to know how very proud I am of you and the way you try your best at whatever you do. I do love you!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Bowdee,
You are amazing. Keep it up, it takes a lot of practice but you will become better and better the more you swim.

RobHeidi Family said...

Oh...ya Bowdee! You Rock! You remind me of the big tuff guys in the Olympics that I have been watching! I bet you like watching that since you have really done races! So cool! I have been thinking of getting my kids on a swim team because they spend all summer swimming and they love it! You'll have to give me the scoop on this action!