Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Boat Show of 2009


Four years ago Terry and his brother went to the Utah boat show. It was just after we bought our first boat. I remember that night Terry came home with such a big smile and said "Honey that is something we have got to do." But we couldn't make it that year because it was over.

So ever since that Terry and I have always gone on a special Dream Date. I call it that because all we are doing is dreaming that some day we will be able to say "Yes, we are very interested and would like to purchase a boat tonight" instead of "Oh, we are just dreaming". It amazes me still how excited I get to go every year.

As you can see Treg was lovin' it. At first he was going like crazy and thrilled to be there. After 2 hours he had seen enough boats and just wanted to go home to sleep. He kept saying "I wish I could have this... When I am a million dollar man I am going to buy me this boat." I just encouraged him.

Matia was dancing around like she was on cloud nine. Bouncing from one boat to the other. She was most impressed with the Yacht's. She also got really excited when we started looking at the shoes. They had cute flip flops on sale and she was loving that. Yep she's my little girl.

Bowdee on the other hand is his father threw and threw he got a kick out of the whole thing and thought it was the coolest thing we have done all year. He even got a poster and a pro wakeboarder talked with him and autographed his poster. It was Parks Bonifay and I was most impressed with him. He also loved watching the wakeboarders do their stunts.

5 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

We went Wednesday night.... I couldn't believe all the boats they had there... Those houseboats were so nice!!! The kids liked watching the wakeboarding stunts but got bored rather quickly. We should have planned and gone up together...

So, are you buying a new boat?? :0)

Kristi T. said...

No, we are not buying one. This year we have decided we need to buy a truck to pull the boat we do have. Our Burban's engine is just too small. So that will be our next purchase. Of course it will be something used but hopefully nice. We would love a Chevy 4 door diesel but we don't know if we can afford that.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Rumor has it there is going to be a nice stimulus plan this year with a big tax credit if you buy a new vehicle this year.. Not sure the details or if it will truly come to pass but this may be your year...

Kate said...

How fun!! I bet your kids thought it was great. Did you find one that you HAVE to have??? It is so fun to look.

Amy Lynn said...

I just saw an ad for the show on TV and thought it looked so fun. When I was little, my family used to go look at RV's...I don't know if they seriously thought about buying one or were just dreaming...but I LOVED walking through and looking at all the gadgets and fun stuff. We need to do the boat show...I love dreaming!!