Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kindergarten Registration


Is this really possible? Could my children really be growing up before my own eyes? Today I took Treg down to our Shelley Elementarty to register him for Kindergarten in the fall. I can't believe my baby will take his first big step into independance in just 7 short months. I am trying to live in the moment and enjoy all the time I have with him. But it is hard not to look at the big picture and see how fast these years are slipping away. Terry is no help he just tells me to "enjoy the vacation while you are on it and stop thinking about when it is over and you have to go back to work." I know this advice in my head I tell myself the same thing day in and day out. But that doesn't take the sting away from the wound, it still hurts. I guess this day had to come and here it is. I have loved my long days with the kids home with me, and I will miss every minute they are away from me. Love you kiddos!

4 comments:

Sally said...

awww, he's so big! What will you do with half a day to yourself??

Kristy said...

wow....time does fly and it is sad when they start getting so big. I think it's harder for us moms than it is for the dads! I cried when I took my little one to preschool this past year, I can only imagine what it will be like when he actually goes to the big school:( I'm with you it's really hard to stay in the moment and not think about what's coming...scary!!!

Kate said...

Hang in there Kristi. I cried when each of my kids started Kindergarten even Ang.. and men just don't understand. Just try to remember they are still so young and still need you so much and now you can have a little more time to Kristi. Good luck.

Amy Lynn said...

I couldn't agree more. Matthew will be in school ALL day next year and it breaks my heart. I'm so glad Hannah still has a year...although she is already biting at the bit to go. They grow up too fast!!