Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Do we have what it takes?


So last night me and my girls went out to watch "The Proposal" which by the way was a GREAT movie! Anyway when we got there I was sitting on the end next to a cute old couple, really old like 80ish. We are talking the gray hair, wrinkles and everything. They were holding hands and squeezed really close to one another. Just like there was no possible way they could get any closer. Well I thought to myself "how cute, these 2 have something really special, I wonder if Terry and I have what it takes to still feel like that toward each other after so many years." The movie went on and on and the holding hands didn't stop infact they only showed more and more affection toward each other through-out the WHOLE movie. Yes, I should have moved when the kissing started, because obviously they wanted a little privacy back there on the back row. But I had no clue how to do that without embarrasing them or offending them. Yes I am a wimp! Oh my goodness after 2 hours of the most lovie dovie scene I have ever witnessed I had had enough! I couldn't get out of that theater fast enough! I ran outside the closest exit to get some fresh air, filled with disbelief. Soon after we were outside they followed and they spent another hour hugging and kissing there on the balcony of the exit. By the end of the night I decided they had something strange going on and the answer to my question at the first of the night was... No Terry and I do not have what it takes to be that in love with one another after that many years. Don't get me wrong I do love Terry ALOT but that was just weird, wrong, crazy, maybe a little freaky. The must have had some crazy situation going on. But I would like to think Terry and I will grow old together and that after each year our love will just grow stronger and stronger. I believe it will only if we can over look and learn to love each others little quirks. Sorry I have been so moody lately honey, I hope you will keep putting up with me it will get better.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I hope that I can still be that in love when I am that old, but it sounds like they were quite extreme. Have a great week.

Kristy said...

LOL...that's hillarious...maybe they are widowers and just barely fell in love? Or maybe they're on a secret rendevous???

Amy Lynn said...

I'm thinking it was 2 old people having an affair...seriously...I love my husband alot but I'm not going to pay $16.00 to go make out with him at the theatre. We can do that at home for free! I'm going to be entertained and eat lots of buttery popcorn. Sounds like it was quite the "show".

JaNae said...

After my Grandma died and my Grandpa finally found another love that's how they acted...it kinda freaked me out too. All I could think of when I saw them kissing was "how in the world is he keeping his dentures in with all that tongue action??"
I agree with the other commenters, I love my husband and I'm sure that love will grow...but sheesh people get a room!