Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Picnic with the Callaways


So it was about 6 years ago that we moved to our house and I got my first calling in the ward. It was to be a visiting teacher. I remembered that when my grandma passed away they mentioned that she didn't miss a month of visit teaching in over 30 years. So learning she had such a strong belief in it I thought to myself... "Self you are going to give this your all, you are going to be the best visit teacher you can." Even though before this I never really understood the whole purpose behind it... Anyway to make a long story shorter, I met with my companion and we really hit it off. Although we were both pregnant and miserable and didn't do the best I should have... I created a friend who I believe will be one to the end. Unbelievably we are an awful lot alike and our kids love each other so that always makes get togethers just a little bit better. We don't do it as much as we should but we have so much fun when we do.

So we went to the old "Adventurland Park" and fished, roasted hot dogs, and played on the park. Daisy and Matia together caught the only live fish.
Bowdee and Annie caught a dead cat fish off the bottom of the pond, or should I say snagged a dead fish.

Bode and Treg casted and casted and came up with nothing. But they sure had a wonderful time trying! It was wonderful until the mosquitoes came out and forced us to go home. Thanks Callaways it was so great to hang with you guys we should do it more often!

No comments: