Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Brighton Snowboarding

After spending all day Saturday at Basketball games and in the basement running wire through some itchy insulation. We decided it was time to get outside. So Sunday morning we woke up early and headed to Big Cottonwood Canyon. Everytime I even get near the mouth of the canyon I feel an overwhelming sense of calm and peace. It takes me back to the year Kami and I worked at Solitude (as you know a great time in my life). So needless to say we were all happy as can be. We got up there before 10 and had so much fun the rest of the day. Except at lunch time as we were sitting there drinking hot chocolate and eating whatever we had (since we forgot our lunches at home) we notice how pink we were all getting... OOPS mom forgot the sunscreen. So we went up for just a couple more runs then cut out 1/2 hour early because I didn't want to get into to much trouble for neglecting my children. I promise you one thing next time I will be more prepared. I think I was just so excited to get up there that I forgot all about reality. It was a great day and the kids did wonderful for their first time boarding this year. Matia is officially all on her own. We need to work on her toe edge a little more. Treg is doing fabulous all though all he wanted to do was go off the jumps and do tricks like he does on his X-box game SSX-Tricky. It didn't helpe that the lift went right over the half pipe and skate park. We just told him he has to keep practicing so he can get good enough to do those tricks without hurting himself. What is scarey is I see him having the guts to do those tricks and it won't be long! I will be closing my eyes and saying lots of prayers when the tricks start. If ya look really close this is Bowdee going off a jump getting some serious air. Ya like I said not to far away. It was so fun though to be enjoying one of my favorite things to do with ALL of my family! And seeing that they really enjoy it as well. Life is good today!

No comments: