Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I love Valentine's day every year, it is the same every year but the whole day is just special to me. It goes like this I wake up to new flowers from Terry with some kind of sweet surprise. Then I decorate the table and make pink heart shaped pancakes, wake up the kids with a sweet kiss and hug and happy Valentines day.

Then send them off to school dressed in red or pink with their Valentines in hand. Tia usually has some kind of a heart shaped into her hair one way or another. Then I stay home and bake cookies and package them up for later door bell ditching which the kids just LOVE.
Then I go and help out at one of the kids classroom parties. This year it just happened to be Bowdee's year. He wanted me to have them play the heart stacking game, but since they are getting older I made them do it using straws. It was just fun to be there watching them interact with each other.

After school was homework, piano lessons for Bowdee, Gymnastics for Treg and Tia, then swimming with friends for Bowdee and lessons for Treg and Tia. Door bell ditching on our way home to our heart shaped pizza from $5 Buck Pizza (although I can't recommend because this year it was GROSS).

Then we opened some small gifts and Valentines from each other. Then headed in to stay up late (which mom doesn't allow very often on school nights 9:30 that was pushing it) to watch Guardian of Ga'hoole. Which the kids just loved. So it was the perfect Valentines day one filled with love all the way around. Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

No comments: