Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Matia's 9th Birthday

So today my baby girl turned 9 years old. It is just crazy to me, but I have loved every minute of it. Watching her grow from a totally dependant infant to an independent loveable sweet young girl. She has been waiting for her birthday so she could be served breakfast in bed... So here you go breakfast in bed.

At lunch time my mom and I checked her, Daisy, and Treg out of school and we took them to build a bear. My mom gave them some money to build whatever animal they wanted. It was perfect they loved getting out of school then spending time with grandma and to make a new stuffed friend on top of it was amazing!

Matia is such a social girl at school. She always finds a way to befriend everyone she meets. So when we were planning her party we had a VERY hard time limiting it to just 10 girls. Last year we found this amazing deal on these kits where you sew these little build a bears together. She loves sewing so we bought enough to make it a party. Thanks to my amazing friends who helped make it possible.

We sewed our bears together, weighed them, filled our their birth certificates, played a few games, ate cake and ice cream and opened presents. Matia loves all her friends but she has a hard time with all the excitement and attention on her so even though it was amazing we decided this is her last year for a BIG party.

After her party we had her favorite french dip sandwiches then we opened our gifts to her. Of course she loved her American Girl Doll Julie, she was amazed at the bunkbeds and was excited to stay up all night sewing the matress, blankets and pillows for the girls.





Matia I love you to pieces I hope you know that. You light up my life and make me smile whenever I think of all the kind things you do for other people every day of your life. Thank you for your examples of friendship and kindness! You are truely amazing! Happy Birthday my best girlfriend!

No comments: