Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan 2-8 Boys Hunting Trip

I do have to tell you since Christmas I have been making all sorts of smoothies with my Vitamixer and my family loves it. It has become part of our morning ritual the kids ask what kind of smoothie do we get today? And then I come up with something of course I always throw in a handful of spinach just to make myself feel better about it.

They have gotten to where the color doesn't bother them and if there is no green to it they call it a "Special Smoothie". Their favorite so far is with 1 cup raspberries or strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/3 c apple juice, 1-2 Tb Agave, a handful of spinach, and ice. I think I have become slightly obsessed with it and its fun my family just rolls with it.

So this week I cleaned out the basement to get prepared for more basement work next week. This is a before picture of where we started this year. I know little by little and someday it will be complete. Then it will be time to start fixing the upstairs. I still can't believe we have lived here for 8 years and then some... CRAZY!

Then on Friday Terry left to go Cow Elk hunting with Kyle, Troy and a bunch of boys. They had a good time but this was the only COW Terry saw on the hunt... I was hoping he would come back with a Cow Elk so we could fill our freezer... But oh well he gave it a good try.  As for me and the kids we had a fabulous time going to the movie, watching Bowdee's and Tia's first basketball game this season and just being together. Then Sunday we headed to church.

1 comment:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Tell Terry that hitting that poor thing with his car doesn't classify as hunting!!! HAHAHA!! So fun to catch up on your family... since we live such a great distance this helps me feel like you are just up the street!!! =)