Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Year Older?

Huh. Wow! Crazy. I just don't believe I am really 34. I still feel like I am in my 20's. Although my body is beginning to feel like I am 34. So I just have to say that I thought my life would be a little different then it is right now. Not that I am complaining because I have so much good in my life that I love the way things are. I guess when you start to imagine how your life is going to be when you are older you are so young that reality hasn't set in yet. Well reality is right there staring me in the face. Life ticks on faster then the second hand on the clock. Even though there are times in your life that you would just like to pause and times you would like to fast forward through (which seem to go by the slowest). Times just goes by and we get to deal with it. I never thought I would have the cute kids I have. I have always wanted to be a mother. So call me pestimistic but when I was younger I imagined I wouldn't be able to have children. You know to much joy for one person to wish for. Then the times I would imagine having children I never imagined them as great as the 3 children I have. I just have to say thanks to the beautiful children that Terry has given me, my life is complete. I never imagined that I would have a husband as great as I do. Terry is an amazing person. He is just like my dad is so many ways. He loves to work but loves to play harder. He values his children above all. He shows his love so openly and invites strangers to be his friends. And he treats his wife with admiration and respect. Oh and yes he can fix anything he wants to fix. Things also are on his time clock, in other words I can't get him to do anything unless it is his time to do it. A little stubborn that way but oh well I think I can take that. So all and all, my life at 34 is a great life to live. I would love to pause it right here for many years. I love swimming a mile every morning at 6:00am with my sister. I love the age of my children. I love Terry and his commitment to our family. I love my job of teaching preschool children. I think that is the best job to have. You learn something new each day and the children are so loving that how could you not love them right back. I love their curiosity and contagous desire to LIVE! Yes there are days... But I wouldn't trade it right now for any other job there is. I love managing my family/home. Even though there is not enough time for me to really do everything I would like to, or clean everything I want cleaned but I do enjoy being the center of our life.And not to mention for my birthday Terry bought me the CJ-7 Jeep I have always wanted. I have to say that I have wanted this jeep for about 20 years, so when I picture it in my head it is a little shiner from my memories. Because the jeep I got is now 24 years old and time has played its toll on its old frame. But I love it and I am so excited to get driving her around town. I have named her Jeepers - because to drive her she can kinda give you the Creepers, she's a little rusty on the edges. But it is exactly what I have wanted for so long and I will have a great time driving her around. Of course it will have to be close enough I can walk the distance if by chance she has heart failure or so crazy seizure or something. And yes there will be a pair of walking shoes in the back for me and my 3 kids. But it will be fun. Thank you Terry for making all of my dreams come true.

8 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

HAPPY (LATE) BIRTHDAY KRISTI!!! You are definitely spoiled!!! But no one deserves it more than you for sure!!!

Terry Townsend said...

I hope you have a great 34th b-day Sweetie. You're such an awesome person. I'm glad you like your jeep. You were able to drive that POS really well this morning. I think your jeep likes you. Maybe you should call your jeep Piecer, since it's a piece of shi# or Picu for pin cushion because it has more holes than a pin cushion or Black Rain because it drops so much of it (oil)... I could go on and on. Anyway, you wrote about how I, your husband likes to work hard if it's a project that's in my mind. Are you referring to finishing the bathroom? If so, you should've just said so. I'll take off a couple of days and finish it. Oh wait, I think I'm ditching you on your b-day and heading up in the hills for a few days. I feel like such a putz. I promise I'll make it up to you, starting tonight with one of your favorite dinners. So don't worry about making dinner. I got it covered and we'll celebrate you're birthday more when I come home on Tuesday. P.S. You do such an awesome job managing the home. It's nice to come home from work to a clean house with dinner ready to eat and family business taken care of. I hear a lot of stories from buddies at work where they go home and clean and cook and do bills and such...while their wives were home all day long.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Your husband is a very sweet and thoughtful guy!!! You rock Terry!!!

Farley Family said...

Love the Jeep. We go all the time, but not as much as Paul would like. Let us know if you want to go out with us -k- we usually just go for the day, up AF canyon or on the west side of the lake. I'll see you on the 3rd, Gage can't wait to start school. Hope you had a great b-day!

Kate said...

Happy birthday Sis. I hope you had a great day. If it matters I think that you are great and do everything AWESOME.

JaNae said...

Happy late birthday!!! I hope you had a blast. I am loving the Jeep by the way, that was very sweet of Terry.

Anonymous said...

Wow a car for you birthday! Happy Birthday.

Callaway Family Fun said...

Any time Terry wants to give Conor some tips on Birthday gifts its FINE with me! I can't believe I missed your birthday, I got so caught up with the new school schedule I completely lost track of dates. Happy LATE Birthday! Guess we have to go celebrate...darn!!