Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

So yesterday was the first day of school for my cute kiddos. I have to say it was cute to see Bowdee up and dressed before 7:00am ready for school. I had to remind him he couldn't go for 2 more hours or he would have been there before the teachers. And Tia didn't have a hard time getting up before 8:00am which is as rare as a cheetah in Utah. You just don't see it very often. They had their brand new favorite outfits picked out and ready to go. Then they also got to see what the backpack fairy brought them. This was the first time we tried it. I told the kids I had heard about it and didn't know if there really was a backpack fairy so we tried it and HOLY CROW there is a backpack fairy. The fairy brought them each 2 new books a new shirt and a few little things to leave in their backpacks for this year of school.So off to school it was... My kids just love riding their bikes to school so I was ready to follow them. But the tire on my bike wasn't, it was bone flat. So Treg and I jumped in the good old burban and followed them. As I shouted out the window, "always watch for cars at this road it is hard for them to see you" or "Bowdee always wait for your sister to cross the road" you get the idea I am always a paranoid mother. Anyhow we made it to school and found the bike rack on the other end of the school. Then we sent Bowdee off to his class. He was not nervous at all and he didn't even give me a kiss goodbye. I understand though he is getting older and more independant and I have to let that happen or I will regret it when he is 30 and still living at home like "Failure to Launch". Then Tia was ready to hit the books and find her class. She only hesitated when there wasn't a hook for her backpack. But other then that it was all I could do to hold back the tears. She didn't even look back to wave goodbye. Then Treg and I headed for the car. Just me and him for 6 hours a day for 9 months. Huh we are going to have a good time. He says it is "Party-time". I love my kids I love the experiences they are giving me. When they came back I got the report that they loved school and they think this will be the best year yet. So here is to another good year at school.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah! I knew it would be ok. I am so glad that everyone had a great day at school. They are growing up so fast. Enjoy every single second of it!!

JaNae said...

Do your kiddos go to Shelly? It's a really great school, I know, because I went there :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids. I'm glad Asha and Tia will get a chance to know eachother better this year.

Callaway Family Fun said...

No kiss & no wave...ahhhhh!!!! I hear ya, I totally cried on the way out of the school! Thank goodness for Bode & Treg!