Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

School Openhouse

Where did the summer go. It is just crazy to me how fast the last 3 months has gone by. I must be getting really old because it just seemed almost like it was a dream that just passed by. I had so much fun with my 3 kids this summer I just can't tell you. This year has been really hard for me to grasp the concept that 2 of my 3 children will be gone to school for most of the day. But life goes on and we all adjust right? Well we went to School Open House and meet our teachers. Bowdee has Ms. Barton and let me tell you the only thing exciting about that to him was that Izak and Annie were in the same class as him. He hates how the classroom is in one of the smaller satelites because it gets too hot and too cold. Then we found out that Adi will be in his Science and Music class and that made him smile real big. So hopefully the year will go better then he thought. Tia has Mr. Engles and she was really nervous to have a "Boy Teacher". But once we went to meet him she was all smiles. He was amazing with the little kids. She has Asha and Sidney in her class who are also on her soccer team. So once she found out how nice Mr. Engles was she was totally ready for school to start the next day. That made mom feel better because it is hard enough for me to send her away all day. But if I had to do it with her hating every minute of it? I don't think I could have done it.So that is it. Back to school here we come. I am not looking forward to homework and bedtimes. I will miss the late night movies and daytime feildtrips. And the worse part about school is it means my kids just keep getting bigger. I have to say I am really nervous about my life once my kids are independant. Some say that won't happen until they are 30 and some say it happens at 11. All I know is I will enjoy watching these moments and yes I will continue to take a thousand photos a year so I can always look back at these times. I love you kiddos and goodluck this year!

3 comments:

Kate said...

It is always exciting to start a new school year. Just remember Bowdee even if you don't think your teacher is that great maybe you will really like her in the end. Todd had a teacher when he was in third grade that the first day he wanted us to switch to a different teacher and I made him stay with her and he just loved her at the end.
Bowdee and Matia I hope you are excited and I know you will love school.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to get rid of one all day. No, it is really bittersweet to watch your kids grow up. Asha is so excited to have Tia in her class.

Amy Lynn said...

I feel the same way. It is so bittersweet...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I dropped Matthew off at kindergarten today. But I can tell you I was sure happy to pick both boys up and come home for lots of ice-cream and catch up!