Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More Birthday

So I just have to say that I do not always hate everyone I meet. Most of my dearest friends I met when I was very young and insecure, which I have to blame most of my misjudgements on. I do have a hard time trusting people and gaining new friends yes. That is just who I am. Something I do not like so much about myself. I wish I was more like my ex-visiting teacher Amy who loves everyone when she meets them and they love her instantly. Well I am not that way it takes some real work within me to let someone know who I really am. And then to trust them as a real friend is another big step for me. I work on this constantly and I know I am getting better at it. So if you have asked me how I felt when I met you...Let's just say-if you are asking, then I just Loved ya to pieces. So I guess I should not have let that cat out of the bag. Terry said it makes me look really bad. However, I don't feel like a blog is to make me look good. I feel like a blog is a journal of my life and I will write the things I want to remember. I want my children to learn that even though I didn't care for Christina at first I worked through my own issues and gave her so many chances that I finally couldn't bare to not be her friend. I hope that clears things up with my own little issues inside my little head. So my friend Tara took me to lunch the other day for my birthday. Which I have to say is one of my favorite part of my birthday. Getting to go out with all my friends and having good one on one talks. Tara and I were visit teaching companions way back when I first moved in the ward. I was intimidated by her because she is always so stinking cute and beautiful. And if you haven't noticed I am not so dolled up all the time. I am more of a "Whatever" kind of a girl. I didn't think our friendship would go beyond VT, because of our obvious to the eye differences. However, we got to know each other pretty good and I have to say I don't know what I would do without the Tara in my life. So thank you Tara for lunch and more then lunch, thank you for always being my backup. Your a great friend.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Friends are great and most friends that we make we have to give them a chance to be a friend but so many times we are intimidated that we waste time getting to the point past that.

Amy Lynn said...

Oh...the "ex" part hurt. I'm so flattered that you see me that way...I wish I felt that way. It may SEEM that way to you because with some people, it is way too hard to not just instantly love them! You are so easy to be around and so easy to adore! Thank you for the gift of your friendship...it is no small thing!