Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preschool Begins!

One of the hardest days for me is the first day of preschool. I am so shy to talk infront of people, even if it is people I know. This year I am doing two classes of 10 kids in each. This means there are 12 more moms to please then I had last year. I am always so scared that there will be a mother who will say " ya, that Miss Kristi is just not what I was expecting." I have no insecurities when it comes to teaching the children and the way my classroom works. But when it comes to the mothers I just want to make sure it is everything they want in a preschool. So I get really nervous to present to them my curriculum and game plan for the year. I truely hope all the children had a great time at preschool and that they will just love being a Super Kid or Super Star. I also hope there were no let down mothers yesterday or today. I really do enjoy teaching and I love being surrounded with little children. They have a way of reminding me what life is all about. I want to thank all the children who will be my students/friends this year. I am truely excited to share some fun memories this year together. So horray for me I made it past the hard part of preparing the room and supplies. Now let the fun begin!

5 comments:

Kate said...

The first day of school is always hard even if you are the teacher. Don't worry just be yourself and all of those moms will fall in love with you and never ever want a different preschool for their kids.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much. I think everyone that meets you can feel your energy and how much you enjoy kids. Sage had a great time and is so excited about her backpack with her name on it.

JaNae said...

Are you kidding me!!! Everyone that knows you realizes really quick that you rock!

And keep in mind, you can't please everyone...I learned this one the hard way.

Callaway Family Fun said...

Your preschool kids are the luckiest kids in the world!!! Bode & I thought the first day of school was perfect!

Amy Lynn said...

Are you kidding me? You are THE preschool teacher in this neighborhood. It is a coveted thing to have a child attending your preschool. People admire and respect you so much. There is truly something tangible feeling in the way you run your preschool and the love you have for the children. Don't you EVER worry about what the parents are feeling...I promise it is nothing but happy, happy, happy!