Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Alta with the Kids


The day after boarding Snowbird with Tammie and Ted, Terry and I still had the mountain fever, so we took the kids for free skiing at Alta. It was crazy busy, but we still had fun. Matia took off all by herself, I was so proud of her. She did awesome and didn't cry once. Even though she fell down quite a few times.

Bowdee did awesome! He just got a little impatient waiting for us all the time. He can really fly down the mountain. We went together on a fun run, just the two of us and I made him follow me half the way working on turning techniques. Then we just went all out and I think he almost beat me. If you look real hard you will see Bowdee getting air off this jump.

Treg was so fun to watch. I think if he really wanted to he could be great! He stuck with his dad the whole time and got bored after the first run but I know it will probably be next year that he is skiing on his own.

Me and Terry we are just there enjoying the moment. Reminding ourselves if we teach them to love these things at a young age they will want to go play with us later when they are older. We love being together as a family and couldn't think of a better way to spend our day together.

3 comments:

Karrilyn said...

It look's like you guys had allot of fun snowbording.It is always fun to do things as a family they are usually the events that are the biggest memories in my mind

Amy Lynn said...

I couldn't agree more! It is totally worth the investment now because it creates ties that will last into their teenage years!! Smart parents...how do you get in on the free skiing? That's what we need!

Kate said...

Your kids are going to be old pros. They are awesome.