Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boarding on Valentine's Day


Terry and I both love snowboarding so when Tammie and Ted (Terrys sister) invited us to go boarding with them on Valentine's Day we just couldn't resist. The incentive of being with them was enough to get us up there, but to be able to board was a total bonus. So on Saturday we picked up Lakota for a long day of babysitting and headed up Little Cottonwood Mountain to Snowbird. We enjoyed the morning together with Troy. The powder was unbelieveable! I did fine unless I mindlessly followed Terry into the trees, this is where I sink and then my temper rises as I am buried in 3 ft. of powder (no joking). It was great though, I have to say I love boarding with Terry and Troy because they both just hit all the jumps back and forth as I just make my way down the mountain. I call them my little board rats because they are everywhere.

We finally hooked up with Tammie and Ted. Ted's sister Terri was there and she was not enjoying the powder effect. So she and I took off in our own direction so we wouldn't be holding the pros up any longer. I have to say the blister on my ankle from my new bindings was not helping the situation.

Anyway we ended up eating lunch at the Forklift all of us together. Then Terri and I headed to the spa for a quick massage, while the others hit the mountain for a few more runs. I have to say I have never pansied out like this, but it was kinda nice.

Later that night we headed to Hotel Monico downtown SLC for a 40th birthday party for Ted. Ted is an amazing person he is brilliant and very kind. I love being around Ted because he is a real person and he includes everyone. Tammie and Ted deserve each other, because they are both wonderful individuals. Thanks Tammie and Ted for including us in your vacation activities. We had a wonderful time spending it with you.

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

What a perfect, fabulous Valentine's Day! I'm taking close notes for next year...this year we were sitting in airports coming home from vacation. It was depressing because we were stuck in airports and depressing because vacation was over!!! But we did eat lots of chocolate...

Kate said...

Looks like a great time.